Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Parties and Visitors

So I'm back. For another mish-mash update on life (and a rather uncreative one at that). For some reason I have been struggling to keep up with my posts. Life may be getting more busy....or less interesting. Let's opt for the first one.

Let's go over the past few weeks. In short, they have been eventful and rather fun...in a strangely normal way. I went to my friend Victoria's birthday party two weeks ago. She turned 21. Just for a snipet, Victoria is an amazing girl, and has made my transition into this new culture so much easier and happier. She is a wonderfully caring individual and I adore her. So happy way late birthday on the internet to my wifey!!! Anyway, it was a formal event so I had the opprotunity to wear my corset and get dolled up. I also met a lot of very nice people in the process, drank some yummy cocktails and had some really intelligent conversations.

A week later I was lucky enough to have a visitor from the states by the name of Mr. Owen KING! So that was strange. Not because it was Owen. On the contrary we had a nice time. Did a little bit of hiking on the national downhill mountain bike trails, watched some Lord of the Rings (I know I sound lame but it's pretty cool that we watched the movie here in NZ) and went to Hell (https://www.hell.co.nz/index.jsp?city=Christchurch). It was also really nice to get to talk to an American who has quite a lot of the same opinions I have. I say it was strange because, well, it's just like, he happened to be passing through...Christchurch...New Zealand. You know, 9000 miles away from the last place I saw him. It just seems strange that, well, the world is soooo small. But I've said that many times and there's really no need to say it again. Oops, too late.

So that brings us to this past weekend and the recent week. And this weekend basically sucked. Because in the matter of an hour, I seemed to have caught some mini-flu or something. One hour I was fine and out biking. The next I was home, relaxing and then BAM I get chills and a stuffy head and feel like I'm going to pretty much die. The night consisted of me lying cuddle up to Craig crying that I wanted my mommy. I'm independent yes, but there is nothing, NOTHING like having your mommy or daddy with you when you're sick. (Although Craig tried his best to fill in).

And this week...well I've been sending out job applications and resumes. I only have two weeks left at the Hubber Duckies and even though I'm saving my money, I'm going to need to get a job pronto. Although I've got some interviews, I'm kind of holding out for two jobs in particular. But we won't get into that too much, because it will be a pretty big embarassment for me to talk these jobs up and then...not get them. Then I'd have to come back and tell all of you readers how inept I am at pretty much everything other than swimming. At least, that's what everyone seems to think. Personally I know I'm quite capable of doing a lot of tasks unrelated to swimming...let's hope someone else notices that. In the end though, despite my anxiety over the potential of not having a steady job, I figured this...and tell me if I'm wrong: There is no point committing myself to a long-term job that I may hate just because I'm unsure of getting the jobs I want. I think it's best to wait for the one I want...and if I don't get it...I'll just temp for a little while until I finally get a job that I really do want. It's kind of like men I guess. A woman shouldn't settle for one just because she's worried the one she really wants will never come around. She should hold out for the one she wants...shop around a bit during the waiting period...and then when the right one comes along she'll be available. Haha.

So that's about it. I'm lazy and don't feel like putting pictures up because, let's face it, I've been in a pool for nearly 8 hours today. So you can all wait on the pictures.

If there is anything fun left for me to talk about, I'll be back. But for now I bid you aideu!

-NMK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home