Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Christchurch

Here I am. In my little two bedroom flat. It is weird to have a place to call my own finally. That's right folks I am living in Christchurch for the time being. It's a cute little place and I've decided that I like it a lot already. I heard a lot of mixed things from people about it...that it's not that interesting, that there are better places to be, but to me it's very interesting since it's the biggest city I've ever lived in. And I am living in the thick of the city too. I am probably four blocks from the city center...the hub of everything and it is so cool to be here. Just over the bridge is a little beach town called Sumner, really an outter region of Christchurch (ChCh). Just outside the city are great hills and trails to ride on and the city itself is great for riding. Oh I suppose I should update you all on that.

So as you all know I didn't bring my roadie with me. I planned on buying one here but that has also gone down the tubes as I have just recently purchased a new mountain bike! Yeah I can't believe it either. So yes, I just bought a killer mnt bike for a real good deal...and I think I will be better served. There are great trails and NZ is known for its mnt biking. I'm going on a ride this tuesday with a group from the shop i bought my bike at. I am pretty pumped. but no worries kids, my parents are sending my road bike over so i'll stil have a fantastic time.

So I'm going with my flatmate erin today to her gym to check and see if there are any jobs available. They pay real well and since I"m a fitness freak it would suit me well.

Alright not much more...this place is real cool and rugby is a sweet game to watch once you know what is going on. Hehe.

Peace out kiddies.
-Nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home