Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Direct from Sydney International Airport

This is what has been running through my mind over the past 24+ hours:

Recorded on the plane in my sweet new journal from Sarah:
9/25 9:45 Eastern Time:
So my luck at computer solitaie is less than extraordinary, plus the little controller can't even compare to Whit's gamecube. Spoiled, I know. So can I just say that I think I was a bit underdressed for our inflight meal tonight. I honestly didn't know this was a five star restaurant and an airplane too. In other words, that was by far the best plane food I have ever had. Delicious beef like mom used to stew with gravy and mashed potatos, green beans, salad, 'gourmet' crackers and cheese, red wine, a tasty roll and of course some random coffee flavored eclair with tea for dessert. Are you serious qantas? I've got to say that my personal bottle of wine has increased my body temp a bit reminding me of Liz Kennedy on our way to and from training trips. I'll miss her overheating sessions.

So far people from down under are amazing. I have not even been to the country and I've made three friends who have all offered me their emails and loads of advice. I am lucky right now to be the sole occupant of a two-seat row on the right side of the plane. Some woman has her foot dangling on one of the armrests that I'm not using preventing me from switching seats if I so desire. I think I will start a conversation with her foot-it will go like this:

Me: "Well hello there, you going to Sydney?"
Foot: Silence but he nods graciously.
Me: "Lovely, are you from Australia?"
Foot: Shakes back and forth indicating "no", extends pinky toe telling me that of course he's from NZ.
Me: "Ahh, yes, please tell me about it."
Foot: Goes on to perform a number of gestures which helps to explain his life story from baby toes up to now.

We become fast friends but have no way of keeping in touch since he has no way of writing down his phone number.

Here are the stats of my trip as read from my personal tv screen that is fixed to the back of the seat in front of me:

Where we are: Over St. Louis
Time we've spent flying: 1 hour; 47 min
Time left flying: 3 hours; 8 min
Current time in LA: 7:10 pm
Time we'll arrive LAX: 10:16 pm
Distance from NYC: 892mi/1435 km
Distance to LA: 1613 mi/ 2594 km
Altitude: 38,000 ft/11,582m
Temp outside plane: -54 F/-49 C

I know you are all very interested to know that. I also know that you care that I'm listening to the Wallflower and it reminds me of our 8th washington trip. Plus Jakob Dylan is hot, hotter than his father, even though I've seen his dad in concert and i haven't seen him. such a dilemma.

-Nic fom Syd
ps more to come but other people are waiting for the computers. peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home