Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Mini Meltdown

Short and sweet but to the point:

I am right now teetering on the brink of a mini-meltdown. Not a complete lack of control or nervous breakdown kind of thing, but just a small spaz attack...because I am a spaz...but I don't have to tell any of you that. It is getting down to the wire, for real this time, and there seems to be a lot of loose ends--things that need to be done, phone calls that need to be made, bills that need paying, people I need to see, worries that are keeping me up at night. Again I will reiterate that I hope this trip teaches me to worry less and enjoy more. One thing I am grateful for is my dear, faithful Milo. He has been a reliever of so much stress I cannot begin to thank him. (I know he's a bike, this whole personification of inanimate objects is part of the mini-meltdown).

Seriously though it is getting really hard to say goodbye to people and even harder knowing that I will not be able to say goodbye to everyone I love. To know that I will not see certain people again for a very long time, to know that I will be very much alone for the first few days of this journey and who knows how many after. Come to think of it, I like to be alone a lot, but I don't know how much I'll like being alone in an airport 8000 miles away. Oh well, you have to get through some tough times to get make it to the good ones, right?

This is just a temporary spaz, however, because a one Dan Jones is going to take me out to a cafe tonight and hopefully get my mind off of things. Funny how life works...you don't see a friend for maybe your entire college career and then through the beauty of modern technology (something I have grown less fond of lately for many reasons) you rediscover a friend.

So I am off to journey through the city streets of Binghamton and JC...I'm sure a Tuesday night will deliver nothing but fantastic wonders and abundant entertainment. (Which means we'll probably just end up hanging out at home.)

-NMK

ps a couple hours later...so we ended up in some bars instead...good times on a tuesday night with dan jones.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home