Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Delicious Ambiguity

"some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. delicious ambiguity..."
-gilda radner


Fine words delivered to me by a fine woman...my dearest Sarah. Kind of exactly what happened last night. Come to think of it, that's kind of what happens any night her and I party together. No one ever knows what's going to happen next. Of course it's a beautiful quote for my upcoming adventure as well.

So last night, eh? We were in rare form...back to the CVSP summers of old. Tossin' 'em back, no worries mate, painting the town a deep shade of red. It felt good to let go one last time with the Bingo crew...it felt pretty wretched this morning though. Not as wretched as Aaron probably felt, but miserable all the same. I tried some fantastic new brews last night...don't remember most of the names. Purple Haze was one of my choice faves as well as a name I remembered. I highly recommend it. I like drinking good beer. No more of this Keystone crap. We're moving up in the world. All in all though it was a fab way to celebrate numero 22. A little bit of nonsensical running around, but a good time nonetheless. I promise Ron, we won't go down anymore alleyways ever again. God forbid we risk getting stabbed.

So today was a typical hangover day, just another reason as to why I don't drink that much anymore. Well, that heavily at least. Sarah and I made breakfast, laughed about the ridiculous antics of the evening. Laughed pretty hard about them in fact. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Aaron and I did a short ride, ran into Mr. Motel from high school and stopped to chat for a while. While I really enjoy biking for sheer nature of the sport, I have found that it is fantastic for meeting new people, running into old friends, seeing the countryside at a slower pace, and just appreciating the world around me so much more. I felt great on the bike, which is good since tomorrow is the big 100 mile ride. I will finish this thing, and I will finish it strong. I've never quit anything in my life and I'm not about to start now. A wise man recently told me "Nicole, you're an athlete. You're a determined, aggressive athlete and you always will be. Don't let anyone, even yourself, make you think otherwise." I think I need to rediscover my inner competitor; that intense girl that never backed down from a challenge and rarely failed to accomplish at least part of her goals.

So that is all for now. Wish me luck for tomorrow...I'll need it. Until then!

-NMK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home