Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Fishy

Yay for sweet new jerseys and my HUUUUGE bike bag. Just got some fun stuff in the mail...so as I already indicated, I got a sweet new jersey with little fishies and stuff on it (blue of course). I also got my bike bag so I can take Milo with me to NZ. It is definitely much bigger than it looked in pictures, but oh well. He's got to get over there somehow.

The ride today was a bit labored. We went out to Whitney Point by 79, then came back 11, down the back of Brotzman and back to Aaron's place on front street. I was hurting quite a bit and the trip up East Brotzman took serious advantage of me (not in a good way). Saw the doc for a follow up today and he told me I would feel very stiff the next few days. Maybe that is the best explanation for my less than stellar performance this morning. If I learned anything from swimming it's that you can't be 100% every single practice.

So I'm sitting here in my sweet new jersey (yes bc i am a loser) planning my upcoming mini-vaca to Hamilton tomorrow. Yay! I know it won't be the same but I still can't wait to see everyone. It's going to be a hectic weekend, but it'll keep me on my toes. I think I'll probably skip the Bundy party Friday night but there's no harm in tossing back a few brews with some friends on Saturday.

On a completely random note, during my ride I got to thinking about celebrities and how lame they are. (This may seem odd but bear with me). I saw cars today with racks to hold lumber, plumber's vans, and all other sorts of useful individuals drive by and I got to thinking "these are the people that drive our society, yet we treat them with such little respect. How is it that we idolize celebrities whose job isn't to keep society functioning efficiently, but to entertain us and often times make us feel bad about ourselves for not being as perfect as they are?" I came to the conclusion that celebrities are, for the most part, useless and something needs to be done about the emphasis placed upon them and their value to society. Any suggestions are welcome.

So there isn't much more going on here in Bingo. I've got lots of little errands to run before I leave so that should keep me nice and busy for two weeks. Until then...

-NMK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home