Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Friday Night Rambling

It's funny to think that everything I will need for a year fits into this random climbing pack I bought from a local camping store. Ok, so it's not that random as I shopped around for quite a while for it, but whatever. So yeah, everything I am taking for this year abroad fits in this thing and weighs about 30 pounds but feels like 100 when on my back. I didn't think I had become THAT weak. I'll just say that it's awkward. That doesn't include my bike of course, but let's not dwell on the technical side of things. When I said I wanted to simplify my life I don't think I really knew what I was in for. Not that it's a bad thing though...I'm definitely sick of material possessions and high maintenance and what not. I think the last time I wore make-up was...well last week when we went downtown. Ok so that's not a good example, but if you compare that to the last time before that... Whatever..that has been the first time in a very long time and probably the last for a very long time that I have put that crap on my face. I don't quite know where I'm going with this. My mind is very scattered right now...yeah. I like using the three dots...the elipses I believe a lot.......... see look at all of them right in a row.........

So get this...I'm leaving on Sunday and I'll be arriving in Auckland on Tuesday. So basically Monday the 26th of Sept in the year 2005 will not exist for me. Confound you international date line, you befuddle me so. No matter, on my way back I'll get to live the same day twice or arrive back in NY before I left or something weird like that. Rah.

I said goodbye to pretty much the coolest person I know today. He's been like my other half all summer and my voice of reason...not counting that night downtown, but even then he provided me with a plethora of delicious drinks which made the night pass less dramatically. I'll certainly miss staring at the back of his Sol jersey, being pissed that I can't keep up. I am a tank but seriously, the guy's got legs like tree trunks, what am I supposed to do? And what else can I say? He's like my brother, my confidante, and even though I was a little bitch to him when we were kids and he used to stick freshly caught fish in my face, I think everything turned out AOK. Too bad he's not ready to pursue some awesome job in NZ. Ahh well, he can live vicariously through me anytime.

I watched Gangs of New York again today too. Good movie. I think the worst part of the movie for me is in the beginning where one guy gets fish-hooked...except his assailant actually rips his lip open. I can't imagine doing that to someone. I bet you'd have to pull pretty hard to make someone's cheek tear. Ok this is gross, I don't want to think about it anymore.

I think I may be going down to Charlie's tonight...one last hurrah with Ash and some other shady characters. Ah well, I'm probably the shadiest of them all...is "shadiest' a word? If it isn't I just made it up. I'm so sick of people being all grammatically correct and shit. If it gets my point across who cares, right? I bet all of my profs up at the Tech would be just thrilled to hear that. I think it'd be sweet to write an entire book full of wrong grammar, made-up words and poor sentence structure. It'd be a best seller and then I could move to NZ permanently and be a writer/cyclist/triathlete or any other number of enjoyable outdoor activities. Sure, I'll get right on that.

K, rambling's over. I need to make some calls. 2 days kiddies, then I'm out.

-Knappster (for old time's sake)

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole. I'm sorry, I haven't been checking my gmail account. I will have to do so more often. Glad to hear that you are out in the world and doing. Whether you have fun or not, it's all about the experience right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home