Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Scene

Well Christchurch is a pretty hoppin city as far as cities go and the fact that I live a mere five minutes from the downtown club scene, well, that speaks for itself. I also live ten minutes from the beach, ten minutes from some killer mountain bike trails, about an hour from the mountains and some good climbing. It's a pretty sweet location and it hasn't rained once since we've been here. Good stuff.

So I awoke this morning with some words for the girls of Babbit suite 34 (and the rest of the mega suite). It was a real sunny Sunday morning here, with a small chill in the air since it's spring now. And as the sun filtered in through the window, I thought of you guys...I thought of our little cozy common room, the tree outside our window that added a dash of color in the fall and spring (and even sometimes winter when the snow would settle on its branches). I thought of our kitchen and the phantom dirty dish maker (probably Zach). I thought of our in-suite dinners or trying to organize all 15 or so of us to go out to the movies. I remembered kicking back on a lazy day or night, shirking our responsibilities and acting like we hadn't a care in the world; wandering to McEwen or the Diner, or even sometimes commons in hopes of a feast. And of it all I think I miss Sundays the most, since we were typically all there on Sundays and that is why I write this today.

I could of course go on but we all know the great memories that come with our time in the Megasuite. I realized this morning how sad it is that we will never truly be able to have that again...I now understand a bit better what Justin realized much sooner...that those days were the closest we may come to an ideal. Living with your closest friends, having a shoulder close by if you needed one to cry on or a friend nearby to have a good laugh with. The feeling of security, support, love and family all rolled into one, just inches from our bedroom doors. I miss you guys terribly, and even though I know we'll never be able to relive those days, I hope you all remember them as fondly as I do.

Sooo enough sentimental...this country does rock. I hope Hil and Kris and Jackie are doing as well as I am. I am very lucky though to have a sweet as flatemate to have taken me under her wing, show me around town take me to her sweet pump class (which kicked my ass), introduce me to her friends, help me clean and decorate my room. So fantastic. Ah well, this blog really has nowhere to go so i'm out.

-Cole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home