Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Am I More Than You Bargained For...

I like that song. It's a good one. Woohoo. But I fear folks that I am getting a bit crook. "Crook?" you ask. Yes...we refer to it as "sick" in america. Not terribly ill, but just a bit of a cold. And I don't like it much at all good sir. Ugh. Especially because today is quite possibly the most beautiful day this week and I am stuck inside instead of out riding. I just don't want to push my immune system too hard right now. I'm still adapting to this new world! It was kind of cool being up until three am last night, I got to see the Live morning news from America. It's a bit disturbing though that even on this side of the world the news program they show is Fox..."fair and balanced news". Right about as fair and balanced as Georgie's stand on the war in Iraq. Bollocks.

Speaking of my immune system...how scary is this whole bird flu nonsense??? I mean, they are talking the possibilities of a serious world-wide epidemic. What century are we in people? Oh boy, keep those chickens away from me.

I guess I'm writing because I have nothing else to do. What do you do when you're sick? Sit at home, try to relax yourself back into health. Maybe I'm pushing it a bit, it's not like I'm dying...but I have to work with kiddies next week and the last thing I need is to be ill all day while we're making paper mache bird masks in honor of bird flu. Ha.

So I suppose this is just a short entry to let everyone know that I'm feeling sorry for my sick little self (if only just the slightest). And Craig is at work and all I want is to be cuddled like the pathetic ball of fluff that I am right now (yes, ball of fluff). I'd ask my mom or dad to do it but they're definitely not here right now.

If anything else interesting happens today I will TOTALLY fill you all in, though I doubt that me watching the Australian Today Show at all qualifies as interesting.

-Cole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home