Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

11 am

I think I am letting myself pause a bit in life right now as far as the tiny moments are concerned. Let's put it this way, I sit here, sipping my temperate water, letting the sounds of Will and Grace (gasp) waft over me, trying to decide when I should go out for my ride. Craig left for work hours ago while I rolled over and went back to sleep...only to wake at 10:45 astonished that I had let myself sleep for nearly ten hours...again. What on earth is happening to me? I will offer up two explanations: 1) After years of waking into the throws of darkness, endlessly dedicating myself to ten+ hour days, could it be that I have found time to just chill? While still training for a sport that I enjoy and seeing this beautiful country??? or 2) I have just become a lazy, useless member of socitey who sleeps her life away. I choose to accept the former, but some may feel otherwise. Regardless I don't plan to allow myself this luxury much longer. Although I don't start work for another week and a half...hmmm. I need to start sleeping with the curtains open.

With little left to say but a huge desire to say it, I think I'll be off for a ride right now. A nice way to spend the afternoon. Work on my sporty cyclist's tan a bit more. Ha. Maybe they'll be more to come later.

-NK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home