Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Butterflies

Change of plans....the flat with the duckies and the stream that I mentioned a few posts later is out....because they wanted me to sign a year long lease and, um, hello, I'm definintely not going to be here for a year!!!

So new plan:
I know, I know, one should never count their chickens before they hatch. Nor should one jump to any conclusions, but I've gotten my hopes up and a ray of light is finally beaming through the clouds. Don't misunderstand, this has been an amazing trip...but some things needed fixing, and I've fixed them good, y'all.

So now that I've moved out of my last, wretched place, I have found a new place, with new people who are much more like myself and I think this is going to be a fabulous situation. Although I've not met the second person I will be living with, and because he spends all his time at his girlfriend's I don't think I'll be seeing too much of him anyway, the other guy who is living in the flat is amazing...he is into biking and fitness and laughter. And both these boys do their dishes. Hehe. So yay. Is it wrong to have butterflies in my tummy at the prospect of moving in with them? Finally I'm becoming integrated into the cylcing culture. And I'll be living in a cozy, little place more my style. Good on ya mate.

My other job is sealed as well and from the looks of things, I will eventually have enough money again to take three day weekend trips here and there. I've met some cool girls, one who is here until the end of Feb when she returns to Uni, and she is very keen on travelling the South with me. So exciting.

So as I said, things are looking up, I have people to spend the holidays with, I helped Pauline (the girl I'm staying with until this other flat opens up) put up their xmas tree, made chocolate covered pretzels, went out to a jazz club, went to see Narnia, went for a 2.5 hour ride with future flattie the other day. Internet is scarce in my life for now so I will try to update whenever I can. Be well everyone and enjoy the snow for me!!!

-NK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home