Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Rocks and Docs

We painted rocks at work today. That's right. I made mine a butterfly. What a job. Too bad this is my last week. It's hard to believe that I've been working there nearly four months already. But I don't believe is settling down just yet, so it's good that I'm moving on. Variety is the spice of life they say. Whoever they are come up with some pretty corny sayings, but they're still appropriate.

I finally caved and called a doc. Surprisingly she was able to see me today and really helped me out a lot. I think I was a bit resistent to go see a doctor because I didn't want to admit I had more than a cold...and because I didn't want to have to pay for it. As it turns out, if I had just gone to see a doctor in the first place, I could have saved a bunch of money on cough syrups and sudafed. In the end she diagonosed me with bronchitis...yippee...due to a mixture of hay fever, asthma and the new and weird New Zealand bacterias and viruses that my immune system isn't used to. So on top of being perscribed antibiotics to get better, I've also got some anti-inflamatory for my throat, some hay fever medicine and a new inhaler to use when needed. Sweet. After four years of relative health during my time at Hamilton, I'm all sick again with allergies and asthma. One big druggie I am.

Thus, with all this new medicine, my fingers are crossed that I will be able to start training again for le race that is on March 25th. Incidentally, that is the day after my Daddy and Karen will arrive!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I am already busy planning out trip around the South Island. I am so excited to show my Dad the town I live in, the little car I drive (and how I can actually drive this little left-handed manual), the people I've met, my favorite places. In fact, I'm just excited to sit and eat dinner with him and talk about nothing. I miss my family so very much and even though I am enjoying being independent and this whole "on my own" thing, I know for a fact that I will never be able to live permanently away from them. Though between the time that I return home and now, I do have a lot of plans taking shape inside my brain. Plans like Peru, Manchu Pichu, Venice, Rome, Nice, South Africa, Egypt, and the list goes on. I have even been exploring some job opprotunities in adventure tourism. I just need to bone up on my French (psst Karen. something to do on our road trip??)

All in all things are pretty easy-going around here. I've been laying low, trying to figure stuff out and relaxing. Not sure I'm the "relaxing" type though. I feel a bit restless, like I need to be studying or swimming or something like that. Like just hanging out and enjoying this trip isn't ok because it's not working towards some huge goal in my life. But then again, what's wrong with enjoying my "time off" from the hectic life I led for some long? Nothing. There's got to be a balance. And I'm still learning and reading and writing. And I guess that's enough, for now.

I'm pretty sure I'm just restless because I've been sick for three weeks.

Annnnd I just saw a tampon commercial on TV where a woman can't understand why all her tampon boxes are empty and it turns out that the reason is because her boyfriend had decided to use them to play with their cat. Yup, pretty much the standard New Zealand commercial.

I'd say that's about it for now. I'm tired and want to get to bed.

-Cole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home