Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Monday, June 12, 2006

SNOW!



As the past four days have been so summer-like it seems only natural that this morning I awoke to giant snowflakes drifting down into our backyard. Yes, just as nature intended.



But regardless it is snowing and I am pumped. I have not seen snow in...let's see....one year and about three months. And boy is this a big one. The alarm went off and I hear the DJ mention something about "it's just bucketing down out there". So i run to the window, like a little girl on Christmas. And then I run back into the bedroom and shake Craig awake. He of course thinks there is someone trying to rob our house or murder me, but once I assure him nothing is wrong and the reason for my frantic excitement is nothing more than the winter wonderland outside our door, he comes to join in the viewing. And according to him this is "one of the biggest snows that he has seen since living in Christchurch". And he has lived here 9 years.



It really feels like I should be at home...or last in a home with a fireplace. Sitting curled up on the couch with a big cup of hot cocoa, watching some Christmas movie rerun. It's weird to know that no holiday season is coming with the snow. But that's ok. It's better than nothing.



So, strange days are upon us when one can go hiking or biking in shorts and tank tops for four days straight and then wake to a snow storm. But these are the times in which we live...so we may as well enjoy the good bits, regardless of when they come.



-NMK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home