Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Weight off my Shoulders

I'm glad to report that I officially have a job. Two weeks from now, when I finish working at my current swim school, I will begin working in a bike shop. Finally. Since I came here I have been hoping to find work in a bike shop. And interestingly enough when i initially arrived, no one wanted to hire me.

Story--->Well, this past weekend, despite having numerous applications out and waiting around town, Craig suggested I still get the weekend paper that contains all the job vaccancies. I reluctantly agreed wondering what on earth else I would be able to find other than a lot of frustration and disappointment. Strangely enough there was an ad for a salesperson in this bike shop. It was described as pretty much the exact job I've wanted and I couldn't believe my luck. I decided to get my resume and references together and instead of mailing in the my application I visited the shop the very next day. And maybe ten or fifteen minutes into talking with the manager, he hired me. The only problem was that Craig works in a shop literally a block down the road and the manager had to check with the owner to make sure there was no conflict of interest. And he called today to tell me there wasn't and that the job was still mine!!! Woohoo!!!!

So I'm rather excited about the future. I won't be making as much money as I do right now, and I'll be working much more, but I'm not going to be in the water. I'm going to be working with people. Oh people. How I've missed working with people. I'm going to be working with and learning about bikes, which was my original intent in coming here. And I'll be working in town, near everything. It's just going to be lovely.

In other news, my dear dear Sarah Mae is coming to visit sometime in the next few months. I think we're trying for October, November or December. Regardless I am so excited. I've not seen her in so long. It'll be a crazy time for the kiwis with the two of us together again. Look out.

Finally I've got some photos to put up now. I hope you enjoy. They are from Owen's visit, Victoria's b-day, Craig and I on a mini-picnic hike, and some other shots from our trip round the south island,

-NMK

Owen in the Port Hills

Craig and I at Halswell Rock Quarry Park

Victoria and I at her 21st

View from the Alex Knob trail in Franz Josef

Picnic tables we ate at from high above the quarry

Lake Tekapo (I think) and the Southern Alps

View from Lake Matheson (better than when my Dad came but still a bit cloudy)

More views of the Southern Lakes

Some of them are a sky blue like I've never seen before

The pictures just don't do them justice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home