Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Holy Grail

In my quest for entertainment here in Christchurch there really is no other place to look. Funny that I just finished the Da Vinci Code and this is where we go to party.

Yes the Holy Grail. It is quite the 'bar' if that's what you want to call it. It was an old movie theater they converted into a sweet as party hot spot. A giant screen up front, the entire thing is real open. There's a dance floor on the first floor right below the movie screen, then there are two other floors wtih more bars and tables to sit at, pool tables, dart boards, etc. It was quite packed too. And these crazy kiwis stay out until the sun rises. Because bars don't close here in New Zealand until dawn (if they close at all) people are out all night. I mean, we didn't even go out until midnight last night. Five o'clock rolled around and I was crashing hardcore. Guess I need to get used to the schedule if I'm going to be partying more. I doubt that will be a regular thing though as I hate wasting an entire Sunday to get back on track.

We basically bar-hopped all last night, I danced my feet into blisters, and my hair into tangles. It felt good to get out there, see the night life a little better. Legends...The Grumpy Mole...Shooters...The Viaduct...the Holy Grail. Yup that sounds about right. I met some more cool people who I hope to spend more time with. I'd still like to meet some people, well, not under the cover of alcohol and that will come with me getting more involved in the community.

It has been raining all weekend which I find simply annoying. It was beautiful allllll week and once we are free to enjoy the weather, it starts to rain. Oh well, sometimes it's nice to have rainy weekend days...it's fun to stay in, watch movies, eat soup, relax.

I started work at Jellie Park the other day and I really like it. It's fun to coach from the deck and not have to be in the water. Time absolutely flies too, which is always a must for any job. I think though, that between the coaching and the childcare job my desire to work with kids will either increase or be fullfilled. I'm leaning towards the latter. It's funny how even after a week, I find these jobs enjoyable, but not something I would want to do for the rest of my life. It definitely feels temporary and it makes me think even harder and more excitedly about film school. I think it may be a year until I get there from the time I return home since I should get a job and make some money to pay off loans. I'd like to get some paid off before I go aquiring more.

That is about all. This weekend has made me feel a lot better about life and being away from home. Although there is nothing here that will replace my life back in the states, I know that I am well on my way to developing something amazing that I will one day reminisce about and miss just as much.

-Nic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home