Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sweet As

Well as most of you know I have a new addition to my little bike family...well there was really only one member other than myself before and now there are two. Oh whatever. Regardless, Brett and I went out to a park with a little course today so I could get the hang of this whole mountain biking nonsense and it was actually a lot of fun. He taught me how to go over jumps and get some good air, how to land them without killing myself, how to go up steep banks. I don't know if I'm going to like it as much as I like road biking but it is really cool. It is also really hard in a much different way than road biking is. Road biking calls for a lot endurance and intense repetition. Mountain biking calls for a lot of nerve and quick thinking and it is turning out to be a great challenge for me. It keeps me on my toes, it's making me less afraid to 'go for it' as Brett would say, and it's just a damn good workout also. I think I may still bike around the streets in the morning on it for an hour or so to get some good cardio and then retreat to the woods on the weekends or when I can on teh weekdays. Who knows.

So I still don't have a job. I'm close to getting one though. I have a few places that said I could get work with them. I have to meet with someone tomorrow and interview and see what the job is all about. I also have another interview on Thursday morning about an afterschool childcare center. Real great people...family run, at a house, sweet kids. Lots of kids actually and I would eventually be the supervisor at the new site they are building. Pretty cool, eh?

Christchurch continues to be a great place to live. It is a really pretty city. I went into the Cathedral in the middle of Cathedral Square in the center of town and it was quite interesting. It had a lot of historic artifacts and stories printed on the walls...and for some reason tonight i cannot write in anything except simple sentences.

Let's see, what else did I do today? I got up, took a shower, ate bfast, went to another interview, took my car to get fixed, walked home, had a spaz, biked back to get my car, went to the bike park with Brett, and now I sit here as Tom (one of my flatmates) prepares dinner. Sweet, eh?

I think we may be going camping this weekend...a lot depends on if i can get a job and when that job is. We are also going to a karaoke thing tomorrow...Erin is in the finals and could win 1000 bucks so we have to go cheer her on! Woohooo ERIN!

That is all for now, hope everyone is doing well back in the states. A big shout out to my Megasuite crew, I am missing you guys so very much right now. And all my love to Jackie, Kris and Hil out adventuring through the world. I hope you guys are kicking ass and taking names(metaphorically of course).
-Nic

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole,

hey, glad to see you are enjoying yourself in New Zealand. i've been getting used to this new college life. I guess the school aspect actually is not to different, but everything else is different. i hope you find a sweet job, i'm not having to much luck here. i just applied to the Binghamton Regency for lifeguarding. i'm bored not working or playing a sport. as of now cago is only like 4 nights a week. the cvsp gang came to a swim meet to cheer on jackie, shes doing well. afterwards Max left with his hot date, Aaron H. left to go camping and hunting, Aaron Z. left to go party with his buddies, so it was just me jess and ashly for the rest of the night. we went to grandes and then to tioga gardens, it was good times.

miss you lots

Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home