Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Monday, March 20, 2006

All Busted Up

When I woke up this morning I rolled out of bed. And not metaphorically. I literally rolled myself out of bed and nearly ended up on the floor. This is because of the one constant truth about training I have discovered: there is nothing like running. And there is nothing as painful as the day after one's first run in nearly seven months. I'd have to say that the feeling I'm at today is much like the feeling I was at last September when I was hit by a car, minus the cuts and bruises. But it is nice to feel those muscles again, something I can't get with cycling anymore. And despite my inconveniently fucked up knees, well, I am doing ok.

Brett leaves today for his bike trip and I've made him some banana bread to take on the road. A little taste of home, or whatever this place could be called. I'm excited for him and a bit worried, as the nights continue to get colder and colder. But I'm sure he'll come out all right.

And speaking of traveling around and around this little South Island, Craig and I are taking a road trip two weeks after my Dad leaves New Zealand. I'm so excited. So here is my schedule and even though most of you probably don't give a kiwi's ass what it is, I'm pumped about it. So enjoy it:

March 20-24: Work; Daddy and Karen Arrive the 24th. YAY!!!
March 25-April 3: Fun with Dad and Karen. They leave the 3rd. BOO!!!
April 4-April 14: Two more weeks of work, mixed with riding, running and film stuff.
April 14 (night): leave for North of the South Island with Craig
April 15-16: Play and then leave for Hanmer
April 16-17: BikeHQ holiday in Hanmer Springs
April 17/18-22/23: Southland Trip with Craig

As you can see I have a very interesting couple of weeks planned. Woohoo for that. It's fun to think that work will be so very minimal as well that it will barely matter.

Another new thing of interest on the list is my journey to the film society meeting this evening at 6:30. I am very excited about this. It is such a wonderful opprotunity to meet people with the same interests and actually get my hands on some good international films, something New Zealand is sometimes seriously lacking in.

And finally, after being inspired by some amazing photographs I've recently seen, I'm also in the market for a good, yet inexpensive used camera to start doing some photography. Yes I've got my digital, which has been amazing for quick shots here and there, but after speaking with Brett and reminding myself how badly I've wanted to become involved with this medium since a very young age, I've decided that there is no better time than the present to do so. And no, I'm not going to be using digital. Again, after speaking with Brett, I think I need to learn more about all the bits and pieces associated with 35mm. And even though film developing will be expensive, it'll be awesome to have pictures to take home with me. But who knows, maybe after exploring everything about photography i'll decide to just buy a used digi, but for now, I'm in the market. Besides, in a country this visually stunning, I'd be a fool to pass this up.

So for now I'm off, to run errands, to send Brett on his way and hopefully get a small ride in sometime before my film meeting. Just need to work out the kinks on these legs of mine.

Anyway, hope all is well back home. I'm thinking of you all and greatly anticipating some more American culture brought to me through my father. WOOHOO for THAT!

-Cole

ps I'm thinking of calling our travels together something like "the Brotzman Road expedition." Any suggestions???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home