Nicole's Tour

A compilation of the experiences that the upcoming year holds for me. Add a pinch of sarcasm and a dash of poetic spirit...and hopefully all will turn out alright.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mr. Stupidpants

This one's for you.

So I just talked to one of my favorite people in the whole wide world and boy do I feel better. Not only about just chilling here in NZ for the time being, but about life in general. The things he says just always make such sense--about living and learning, experiences and all that jazz. That's not to say that everything my mother and father tell me or my best friend Sarah says just goes in one ear and out the other, but you know, it's worth a note in my blog. Thanks Justin.

I went on my second bunch ride today and met some more cool people. I also got my ass handed to me on a silver platter as some of the guys in the bunch thought it would be cool to speed up when they reached the front. But no worries, the old veteran riders put them in their place and I was able to keep up for the remainder of the ride, even, dare I say, dominate alongside a fellow female rider as we left a couple of men for dead on the causeway (not my intention but that's what happens when you're heading into a headwind i guess.)

I'm getting more and more excited about my dad and karen coming to visit. Not only will I be able to see some of the south island with them, but i'll get to, well, see them!! and it'll be great to see someone from home. i think this whole phonecard thing may be a good idea. i've been calling people, every now and again, and even though i can't be there with my friends, i definitely know that i am thought about and still very much loved...always a nice feeling.

Craig has been busy with his bike business and I've been busy with my swim stuff. I think it's just precious how we both have our little sports niches. For those of you who don't know, Craig makes custom bike frames. That's right, welds them together and everything and he's damn good at it. I can't even explain how much like a kid in a candy shop he is when he gets new tools to make his bikes. It's adorable. And I know he'll be so happy that there is an entire passage in here about him and his business...but I just want everyone to know how proud of him I am. Annnnd once he has a website up and running I will definitely be putting that in here for all you biking enthusiasts who may want a sweet custom made frame by a damn good builder. :-)

I think that is all for today. I'm going to sit back and relax for a bit. Nurse the legs (and other injuries) and watch some cool Winter Olympics. And seriously, how COOL is the speed skating?!?!

-Nicole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home